Mark Zauss, DAPA, FAPA, NCC, BCPC, BCPTSDC, LMHC
Mark is internationally recognized as a trumpet soloist, clinician and recording artist. He is a full time trumpet player for Walt Disney World at the Magic Kingdom with the Main Street Philharmonic. He also performs over 100 events annually with his own bands.
Mark is a double board certified, nationally certified and a licensed clinical psychotherapist with over 30 years experience as a professional trumpet player. He performs and gives clinical seminars throughout the continental United States and worldwide. Mark’s experience as a performer combined with his formal training as a mental health professional gives him a unique perspective as an educator. As a musician, Mark performs a wildly diverse spectrum of musical styles including: be-bop, straight ahead jazz, big band, Dixieland, commercial, and studio lead trumpet. His professionalism and good nature enable him to reach across any boundary to effectively educate and inspire any audience. Mark also helps others overcome stage fright and performance anxiety.
Mark is available as a guest soloist, clinician, and as a private trumpet teacher via studio, via web cam, or phone consultation. You can contact Mark to arrange a consultation.
- BA Degree from Rollins College, (CACREP Accredited) located in Winter Park, Florida (Music Major, Psychology Minor)
- MA Degree in Mental Health Counseling from Rollins College (CACREP Accredited)
- Nationally Certified Mental Health Counselor.
- Licensed Mental Counselor/Psychotherapist.
- Board Certified Professional Counselor.
- Member of the American Psychotherapy Association
- Diplomate of the American Psychotherapy Association
- Board Certified Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (P.T.S.D.) Clinician
- Current and Previous Employment
- President of Band Source Productions, Inc. 1998 to present.
- Walt Disney Worldwide Services, 1994 - current lead trumpet in the Walt Disney World Band, Guest soloist and clinician.
- Previously a Mental Counselor/Psychotherapist at Positive Paths Counseling Center
- Previously a Mental Counselor/Psychotherapist at St. Luke's Counseling Center.
- Previously at Park Place Behavioral Health in the mental health inpatient (Baker Act) hospital and conducted clinical mental health assessments.
- Formerly served on the Board of Mental Health Counselors of Central Florida as the Legislative Chair.
- Northland, A Church Distributed, 1994 to 2010 and musician/trumpet player.
- Senior Adult Counselor at the CFDFL, 2008-2009.
Sponsorships and endorsements:
- Mark plays a Schilke X4 trumpet
- Endorsed by Warburton mouthpieces
Performed in Concert With:
- Branford Marsalis
- Arturo Sandoval
- Pat Metheny
- Marcus Roberts
- Marcus Printup
- Louie Belson
- James Moody
- Dave Steinmeyer
- Maureen McGovern
- Harry Connick Sr.
- Sandi Patty
- Franki Valli
- Rich Mathession
- Tito Puente Jr.
- Ralph Carmichael
- Ira Sullivan
- Edgar Winter
- Howie and the Back Street Boyz
- Martha Reeves
- Bobby Vinton
- Al Martino
- Keith Oshiro
- Walt Disney World Company - current lead trumpet in the Main Street Philharmonic
- MGM Studios - Hollywood Hitmen - Lead trumpet & featured soloist – May 1999 - 2001
- Epcot Center - Future Corps - Lead trumpet & featured soloist - October 1995 – 1999
- Disney Magic Music Days Program Featured Soloist & Clinician
- Universal Studios: The Studio Brass - Lead trumpet & featured soloist – June 1990 - 1995.
- Church Street Station: Rosie O’ Grady’s Good Time Dixieland Jazz Band, Orlando, FL
Previous client list (partial)_
- Deg Bugle Corporation/Walt Disney Worldwide Services, Japan tour
- Disney’s “Magic Music Days”
- Indy Jazz Fest, featured soloist 2001
- International Association of Jazz Educators, 23rd Annual Conference, Atlanta, GA
- Bands of America featured Soloist for finale in Indianapolis, IN
- Featured guest soloist with St. John's River City Band, Midwest Conference, Chicago, IL
- Featured guest soloist with St. John's River City Band, Georgia Music Educators Association Conference, 2002
- Lead Trumpet for Arturo Sandoval - Jacksonville Jazz Festival
- Trumpet soloist and clinician for Disney's Collegiate All Star Band - Walt Disney World
- Western Michigan University
- United States Navy Band
- Concordia University, Ann Arbor MI
- Florida Community College of Jacksonville
- Seminole Community College concert series
- Dr. Phillips Center of the Performing Arts
- Osceola Center of the Performing Arts
- Dreyfoos Center of the Performing Arts
- Drum Corps International
- Rollins College, Winter Park, FL
- University of Central Florida
- Palm Beach Community College, Lake Worth, FL
- Southeast Missouri State University, Cape Girado, MO
- Altamonte Jazz Ensemble
- South Seneca Jazz Festival, Seneca New York
- North Central High School Jazz Café Concert
- Wautoma High School Band, Wautoma, WI
- Horizon High School Band, Colorado
- Ypsilanti High School - Ypsilanti, Michigan
- Trumansburg School Band Program - Seneca, New York
- West Orange High School, Orlando, FL
- Cypress Creek High School, Orlando, FL
- Jefferson Township High School Oak Ridge New Jersey
- Romeoville High School, Romeoville, IL
- Livingston High School O' Fallon, MO,
- Ft.Zumult High School - Missouri
- Glendale High School Glendale, Wisconsin
- Dover High School Marching Band, Dover, OHIO
- Helena High School Wind Ensemble Helena, Montana
- Harry D. Jacobs High School Marching Band Algonquin, Illinios
- Pequannock Township High School Marching Band Algonquin, Illinios
- A.L. Stanbeck Middle School, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- Cedar Ridge High School, Hillsborough, North Carolina
- Eustis Middle School Band, Eustis, FL
- Timber Creek High School Band, Orlando, FL
- Tavares High School, Tavares, FL
Stage Fright | Trumpet performance anxiety | Brass playing performance anxiety | Doctor to help with trumpet performance anxiety | Anxiety playing the trumpet | Anxiety playing brass instrument | music performance anxiety
Mark helps with issues of performance anxiety, stage fright, and overcoming barriers that prevent performance. Mark custom designs each clinic or masterclass to fit the need of the students. For more information contact Mark today.
Mark has been helping professional trumpet players who want to play upper trumpet in the upper register. Mark's helps others improve upper register playing and improve ability to play high notes. High note trumpet, high notes, screaming trumpet, upper register.
Mark offers help to musicians with stage fright and overcoming anxiety when performing music. More terms to describe Mark include, musician stage fright, trumpet performance fear, fear of live performance, fear of performing live.
Additional search terms used to find Mark's page include, High note trumpet players build range, range builder, upper register trumpet players, upper register trumpet player, double c, screech trumpet player, double g, and scream trumpet recordings.
Trumpet issues discussed include: mouthpieces, range, practicing, lip buzzing, recordings, trumpet methods, equipment, high notes, upper register development, warm up routine, trumpet scales, lip slurs, and psychological approaches. Trumpet lessons, online trumpet lessons, online webcam trumpet lessons, and trumpet techniques are discussed. Online Trumpet lessons cover the following topics: trumpet, trumpet playing, trumpet books, Stevens, Superchops, Maynard Ferguson, mouthpieces, Bach, Bill Chase, Callet, Schilke, Doc Severinsen, Yamaha, Maggio, embouchure, trumpet books, trumpeter, trumpeting, Marsalis, and Louis Armstrong.